Crispy Chicken Thighs With Summer Veggies
Active time: 15 min.Total time:30 min.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1 thigh, 1 cup vegetables, 1/3 cup herb salad)
These Crispy Chicken Thighs With Summer Veggies are super tender and delicious. They’re simple and straightforward, but they taste like a dish you’d treat yourself to at a restaurant, making them a perfect weeknight pick-me-up. While the chicken browns skin-side down, the fat gets rendered, leaving the skin crispy and the veggies packed with goodness. If you’ve never put herbs in a salad before, now’s the time to start. It’ll look like baby greens, but pack in flavor. The herbaceous salad adds freshness, while the olives add a bit of brine. A squeeze of lemon juice on top rounds everything out with some brightness.
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 6garlic cloves, smashed
- 8 ounces sweet mini peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded (about 2 cups)
- 8ounces baby gold potatoes (about 8 potatoes), halved
- 1 cup packed flat-leaf parsley leaves (about 1 oz.)
- 1/2 cup packed basil leaves (about 1/2 oz.)
- 1/2 cup pitted Castelvetrano olives, smashed
- 1lemon, cut into wedges
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°F. Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high. Season chicken with 1 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Place chicken, skin-side down, in skillet. Cook until skin in browned and crisp, 5 to 8 minutes. Remove skillet from heat, and transfer chicken to a plate.
Add garlic, peppers, potatoes, and zucchini to skillet, gently stirring to coat in rendered fat. Season vegetables with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and top with chicken, skin-side up. Bake in preheated oven until a thermometer inserted in thickest portion of chicken registers 160°F and vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, toss together parsley, basil, and olives in a medium bowl. Squeeze lemon wedges over herb mixture, and drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Serve herb salad over chicken and vegetables.
Source: Read Full Article