Creamy Chicken Alfredo Turnovers
Active Time: 30 MinsToalTime1 Hour 5 Mins
Yield: Serves 8 (serving size: about 3 turnovers)
Chicken Alfredo meets finger food in these buttery turnovers. Chopped rotisserie chicken and frozen puff pastry sheets are perfect shortcuts for this easy, crowd-pleasing appetizer. These impressive turnovers are perfect for gatherings, like holiday parties and tailgates, and come together at the last minute. Serve leftover filling with pasta to get even more mileage out of this recipe.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot (from 1 large shallot)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (from 3 small cloves)
- 3 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1(15-oz.) container refrigerated Alfredo sauce (such as Buitoni)
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1(17.3-oz) pkg. frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed (such as Pepperidge Farms)
- All-purpose flour, for working surface
- 1large egg, lightly beaten
How to Make It
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high. Add shallot and garlic; and cook, stirring often, until softened, 2 minutes. Stir in chicken, and cook, stirring occasionally 2 minutes. Stir in alfredo sauce, Parmesan, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring often, until cheese is melted and sauce is heated through, about 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to a bowl, and cool completely, about 15 minutes; refrigerate until ready to use.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Roll out puff pastry to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut each pastry sheet into 12 (4-inch) squares. Place 1 heaping tablespoon of the chicken mixture in the center of each square. Bush edges with some of the egg wash, and fold over to form a triangle, pressing edges to seal. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Chill until firm, about 30 minutes.
Brush turnovers with egg wash. Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
Source: Read Full Article