Classic Cheese Ball
Photo by Heami Lee, Food Styling by Victoria Granof, Prop Styling by Astrid Chastka
Served alongside boozy martinis, this is the classic cheese ball of yesteryear. A few updates make it perfect for family get-togethers and retro-chic parties alike. This recipe sneaks in a small amount of Brie to add an extra layer of creamy goodness that will make guests proclaim, “This is the best cheese ball ever!”
- Total Time
- 55 minutes
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 ounce Brie cheese, rind removed
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp hot sauce, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 6 ounces toasted pecans
- Combine the cream cheese, cheddar, Brie, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, garlic powder, and onion powder in a bowl. With an electric mixer, beat on medium speed until incorporated. Add the parsley and continue to beat on low speed until just combined. Form the mixture into a ball and refrigerate until set.
- While the cheese ball sets, coarsely chop the pecans and spread on a rimmed plate.
- About 30 minutes before serving, remove the cheese ball from the fridge. Roll the ball in the pecans, pressing them firmly to the ball, until completely covered. Let soften at room temperature for 30 minutes. Serve.
Source: Read Full Article