Bourbon Fruit Tea Punch
Photo by Marcus Nilsson
This spiked fruit tea is intentionally not too boozy, but you can also just leave the bourbon out.
Like this Bon Appétit recipe? There are plenty more where this came from. Subscribe to the magazine here!
- Makes 8
- 6 black tea bags or 3 Tbsp. loose black tea
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup fresh orange juice
- ¾ cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup plus 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1½ cups bourbon (such as Buffalo Trace)
- Mint sprigs and lemon wheels (for serving)
- Brew tea in 2 cups boiling water in a teapot or measuring glass 5 minutes. Remove tea bags; discard. Add sugar to tea; stir to dissolve. Let cool 10 minutes, then transfer to a pitcher. Add orange, pineapple, and lemon juices and 4 cups cold water; stir well to combine. Chill fruit tea until cold, at least 2 hours, or cover and chill up to 2 days.
- To make cocktails, pour 1½ oz. bourbon into each of 8 ice-filled glasses. Add 6 oz. fruit tea to each and stir to combine (you may have tea left over). Garnish with mint sprigs and lemon wheels. Alternatively, combine 6 cups fruit tea and 1½ cups bourbon in a pitcher. Pour among 8 ice-filled glasses; garnish.
Source: Read Full Article