Cranberry-Pecan Coffee Cake Recipe
"This cranberry coffee cake with pecans is so incredibly easy to make and is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or dessert."
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray an 8-inch springform pan with cooking spray and set on top of a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Rehydrate the cranberries by placing them in a bowl and adding boiling water to cover. Let sit for about 10 minutes, drain well, and set aside.
- Combine melted butter, sugar, eggs, almond extract, and orange zest in a medium bowl. Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in another bowl and stir into the butter mixture just until combined. Fold in pecans and cranberries. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Cool for about 15 minutes. Remove cake from the springform pan, sprinkle with powdered sugar, and serve.
- Cook’s Note:
- To give the cake a little more eye appeal, I like to place some whole pecans on top of the batter before the cake goes into the oven.
Per Serving: 475 calories;31.7 g fat;45.5 g carbohydrates;5.1 g protein;108 mg cholesterol;211 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article