Apple Harvest Pound Cake with Caramel Glaze Recipe
"This is a fantastic Bundt cake that my grandmother used to make for Thanksgiving. It has been a family favorite for years!"
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, vanilla and eggs with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; stir into the batter just until blended. Fold in the apples and walnuts using a spoon. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted into the crown or the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool for about 20 minutes then invert on to a wire rack.
- Make the glaze by heating the butter, milk and brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar, then remove from the heat. Drizzle over the warm cake. I like to place a sheet of aluminum foil under the cooling rack to catch the drips for easy clean up.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 682 calories;42.8 g fat;71.1 g carbohydrates;6.5 g protein;67 mg cholesterol;375 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article