Apple Crisp with Oat Topping Recipe
"This is the best dessert for the early fall when the sweet and firm apples are just in season. Use the best quality cinnamon you can get and get it from a spice merchant or even a store where you can get it bulk; it does make a difference. Within ten minutes of going in the oven the scent will fill the house and neighbors you loaned things to years ago will return them just to invite themselves in and wonder aloud if there is any left (Note: there isn’t). Optional accompaniments would be caramel sauce, ice cream, and whipped cream."
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Toss apples with white sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a medium bowl to coat; pour into a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Mix brown sugar, oats, flour, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a separate bowl. Use a pastry cutter or 2 forks to mash cold butter into the oats mixture until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs; spread over the apples to the edges of the baking dish. Pat the topping gently until even.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown and sides are bubbling, about 40 minutes.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 618 calories;24.6 g fat;99.3 g carbohydrates;5.3 g protein;61 mg cholesterol;177 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article