Apple Coffee Cake Recipe
"This is really easy and so very, very good. I like to add a dollop of vanilla yogurt on top of my piece of coffee cake. Yummy!"
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray; dust with 1 tablespoon flour.
- Beat 1/4 cup butter and 3/4 cup brown sugar together with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy. The mixture should be noticeably lighter in color. Beat egg into butter mixture. Add sour cream, vanilla yogurt, and vanilla extract to the mixture; beat to integrate.
- Stir 1 cup flour, 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl; add to the butter mixture and beat to combine into a batter. Fold apples into the batter. Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Mix 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup flour, 2 tablespoons butter, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon together in a bowl using a fork to achieve a crumbly consistency; sprinkle over the top of the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cook’s Note:
- If you don’t have vanilla yogurt on hand, add 1/4 cup more sour cream or Greek yogurt to the recipe with a dash more vanilla. I like to serve each piece with a dollop of vanilla yogurt on top!
Per Serving: 275 calories;11 g fat;41.4 g carbohydrates;3.6 g protein;47 mg cholesterol;236 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article