Active Time: 15 MINTotal Time45 MIN
Yield: Serves : 4
Fresh raspberries and the tangy punch of hibiscus tea make this rosy-red sangria bright and tart from bartender Chelsea Leigh Barrett of Mother of Pearl in New York. Use decent bubbles, such as a rosé Cava—it’ll make a difference in the final flavor.
- 2 regular-size hibiscus tea bags (such as Tazo Passion)
- 1 cup cold water
- 8 ounces fresh raspberries (about 2 cups), plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup chilled gin (such as Hendrick’s)
- 1/2 (750-ml) bottle chilled dry sparkling rosé
How to Make It
Steep tea bags in 1 cup cold water 30 minutes; remove and discard tea bags. Combine tea, raspberries, and sugar in a blender; process until smooth, about 30 seconds. Pour through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a large pitcher. Discard solids. Stir in gin. If not serving immediately, seal well with plastic wrap, and refrigerate up to 8 hours or overnight.
When ready to serve, stir well. Add sparkling rosé, and stir gently to combine. Pour into 4 collins glasses or mason jars filled with ice, and garnish with fresh raspberries.
Source: Read Full Article