Active Time: N/ATotal Time5 MIN
Yield: Serves : Makes 1 cocktail
The late Julia and Paul Child often entertained friends with cocktails, many of them invented by Paul Child, who delighted in creating custom drinks. A small collection of Paul’s recipes, written on 3-by-5 index cards, was recently discovered in Julia Child’s archives. Among them is this sweet, apricot brandy–laced riff on the gimlet.
- 3 3/4 teaspoons sweetened lime juice (such as Rose’s)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) London dry gin (such as Beefeater)
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) apricot brandy
- Lemon peel twist or lime peel twist
How to Make It
Stir together lime juice, 1 tablespoon water, and sugar in a mixing glass until sugar is dissolved. Pour gin and apricot brandy into glass, and fill glass with ice. Using a bar spoon, stir until outside of glass is frosty, about 30 seconds. Strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a lemon peel twist.
Source: Read Full Article