Made-Over French Toast with Spiced Pears Recipe
"Awesome new twist to breakfast."
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Stir 3 tablespoons honey, the lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon ginger together in a small bowl; spread evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Arrange the sliced pears in 2 rows.
- Beat the eggs, milk, 1 tablespoon honey, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon ginger together in a shallow dish; soak each piece of bread in the egg mixture and arrange atop the pears.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the bread is set and golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- To serve, cut into squares and use a thin, flat spatula to lift each portion out of the pan and turn pear side up. Sprinkle with toasted almonds and drizzle with any syrup left in the baking dish.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 274 calories;6.9 g fat;49.1 g carbohydrates;7.5 g protein;95 mg cholesterol;216 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article