Low-Carb Pancakes or Crepes Recipe
"Serve topped with cream cheese or whipped cream and a selection of berries, or maple syrup."
- Preheat an electric griddle to 225 degrees F (107 degrees C).
- Blend eggs and cream cheese in a blender until smooth. Add maple syrup, coconut flour, and cinnamon; blend until batter is smooth.
- Spray the preheated griddle with cooking spray. Pour batter onto the griddle to form small pancakes. Cook until edges set and do not tear when lifted with a spatula, 5 to 7 minutes. Flip pancakes gently with 2 rubber spatulas. Cook until second side is set, about 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter, spraying griddle between batches.
- Cook’s Notes:
- Replace maple syrup with a sugar-free alternative to reduce carbs.
- You can skip the coconut flour, but they’ll be thinner and more crepe-like if you do.
- These cook slowly, but can be left on the griddle for some time without burning. If you increase the heat, they’ll cook faster, but will get a bit crispy at the edges and will have dark spots all over. The lower temp and slower cook time will leave you with more even pancakes.
- I always use rubber spatulas because these pancakes can be fragile when flipping.
Per Serving: 413 calories;34.8 g fat;9.9 g carbohydrates;16.6 g protein;392 mg cholesterol;338 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article